Reservation & Rental Procedures
- How-to Submit a Classroom Reservation Request
- Submit a request using our online reservation request form.
- Step by step instructions for creating a reservation can be found on the EMS website.
- The EMS User Guide provides additional information on using the EMS system.
- If you are a member of a Student Organization, you must be an authorized scheduler.
- If you are an outside organization (either non-profit or government), you must have a GW sponsor. Confirmation of sponsorship can be sent by the GW department to [email protected] or faxed to (202) 994-4448.
- Your request will be reviewed within two business days. Once you have received a "CONFIRMED" email from us, congratulations, your room is confirmed.
- Additional Services
- If you need technology, complete and return the form sent to you by Academic Technologies ([email protected]). Check with them to see if your requested technology is available. The use of technology may incur charges from AT. Email or call them at (202) 994-7900 with questions.
- Request George Washington University Police Department (GWPD) security if the building is closed. You can make your request on the GWPD Event Security page.
- Outside organizations must submit payment by date on the invoice (including non-refundable 50% deposit and final payment).
- If you are an outside organization and want to have access to GWireless, your GW sponsor needs to send an email to [email protected] with the following requested information. The request must come from an @gwu.edu email address:
- Wireless Event Name
- User Name
- Password (the GW sponsor chooses the password; 8 characters or more)
- State Date
- End Date
- If you want to rent extra tables, please contact the MSSC or Facilities (two weeks notice is generally required):
- Student Organizations should complete the MSSC request form.
- GW Departments and outside organizations can inquire if there are any surplus tables/chairs for use by submitting a FixIt service request tickets at facilities.gwu.edu or, for outside organizations, sending an inquiry to the "Facilities Events Team" by emailing [email protected]. Please note there are only a limited number of tables/chairs available so events that are larger or held during an active part of the academic year will likely need to procure additional tables/chairs or other furnishings via an outside rental company. While the university does not officially endorse outside rental companies and event hosts may choose their own vendor if rentals are needed, many events have previously used Allied Party Rentals for rental needs.
- If your event is being held in Gelman Library, please see their Facilities website for additional policies:
- Cancelation Policy
If you need to cancel a reservation, please email us with your reservation number at least five days in advance.
- Contact Us
Feel free to contact us with any questions at (202) 994-4915 or [email protected]. NOTE: There is no day-of event support.