Official transcripts must be ordered online. The George Washington University has contracted with Parchment Award Transcript Services to manage all online orders.
Important notes about ordering transcripts:
- Only complete records of all coursework at GW will be provided.
- Official transcripts will not be issued to students who have outstanding financial obligations to the university.
- Transcripts ordered directly through GWeb will not require additional authorization.
- Transcript requests that cannot be processed due to a hold will be canceled after 30 days and will result in a credit to your Parchment account.
- Notarized transcripts may be ordered through Parchment. Notarized transcripts are typically required only for employment and/or universities outside of the United States. Accredited educational institutions and medical verification services within the United States do not require an official transcript to be notarized.
Current students, former students, and alumni should request official transcripts directly through GWeb.
Former students and alumni who do not have access to GWeb should request official transcripts directly through Parchment Transcript Services.
Students can select to have the official transcript sent via secure PDF, regular mail, or FedEx. Unofficial transcripts can be viewed through GWeb.
Transcripts may be requested through GWeb or through Parchment Transcript Services. Third-party PDF transcripts cannot be downloaded between the hours of 4-5:30 am (EST/EDT) daily. Parchment Transcript Services will be unavailable on the second Sunday of each month for maintenance from 1am - 5am. (EST/EDT).
After submitting the request and payment, you will receive emails from GW’s authorized vendor, Parchment Award. You will receive email confirmations of the order, its status, and any issues that may need your attention.
Electronic transcripts are securely delivered to the recipient by email as a secure PDF. At the end of the semester, students can also request a transcript to be held until final semester grades are posted or until their degree is awarded. Available 24-hours-a-day, electronic transcripts guarantee a speedy and secure process. The use of electronic transcripts also promotes an environmentally friendly, paperless process.
Answers to frequently asked questions are available on our Transcript FAQ page.
Need help with your transcript order?
- The best first step is to log into your Parchment account, then visit the Parchment Help Center, where you can find answers to frequently asked questions and articles to support your needs.
- You can also engage with ParchieBot, our intelligent chat function designed to answer your questions and provide order information.
- From the Parchment Help Center, you can submit a web case for support or contact a Learner Support Representative for assistance. The Support Team is available M-F, 8am - 8pm ET.